It's easy to recognize when someone else is doing the complaining, but a whole lot more difficult to notice when the complaining is going on in our own heads! And whether the complaining is coming at us from the outside or being self-generated from within, complaining compromises our inner peace and health. In this week's class, we took a lighthearted pledge to free ourselves from inner complaining for a specific time frame (for one class, for one day, or for a whole week)!
Here's a few strategies to try while practicing your pledge:
1) Inhale with an inner smile and exhale with a soft mouth.
2) Shake up the complaining train with this mantra - "Thank-you for everything. I have no complaints at all".
3) Hunt for one thing that you are grateful for.
4) Get those armpits open (arms wide and high from body), move if you wish, and notice what it feels like to have your body in a "thank-you / no complaints" posture.
5) Enjoy the playlist that accompanied our "Free From Complaining" week of classes!
Registered Clinical Counsellor (MA)